Exhibitor Product Demos
About UPM Raflatac
UPM Raflatac is labeling a smarter future beyond fossils by developing innovative and sustainable labeling solutions. As one of the world’s leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labeling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.9 billion) in 2018. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM. Find out more at www.upmraflatac.com.
Labels are an integral part of sustainable packaging designs and that’s why sustainability is at the core of our business. We take a 360° approach to sustainable packaging solutions in everything we do – from responsible sourcing to manufacturing, services and design. In the world of packaging, labels matter and we are committed to our vision of labeling a smarter future– beyond fossils.
We promote recyclability:
As our label is a physical part of your packaging, we want to enable the recyclability of your products. We have been, for example, in the forefront of development for wash-off adhesives, which . Our UPM Raflatac Wash-off labeling solutions enables recyclability of PET containers and supports the circular economy. These clear, white and metallized film label stocks feature our unique RW85C wash-off adhesive and a PET liner made from 90 percent post-consumer recycled (PCR) content.
Turning waste into a resource is a key concept in the circular economy and an important part of our approach to sustainability. To support this, we have developed RafCycle™ by UPM Raflatac, a leading innovative recycling concept that offers a new life for label waste. Turn your waste into a resource and become a RafCycle partner.
We reduce the use of resources
From product design to engineering, reducing the use of resources can have a significant impact on the environment. Label Life by UPM Raflatac is a life cycle assessment service that offers our clients information on the environmental impact of our products. Through our service you can get LCA calculations on three fundamental impacts: greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, and water consumption. In addition, Label Life offers you comparisons of different UPM Raflatac products and relevant end-of-life scenarios for liner, helping you find the right sustainability solutions for your needs.
We choose renewable materials
When we design our products, we aim to move beyond the use of virgin fossil raw materials by choosing more renewable options, such as certified paper liners and other bio-based alternatives that meet the technical needs of more demanding packaging. Innovation and intelligent solutions enable more sustainable options that outperform older, less sustainable materials. UPM Raflatac Forest Film™ is the first wood-based polypropylene film label material in the markets to truly present the change from fossil raw materials to renewable ones.
UPM Raflatac RAFNXT+ is the world’s first label material verified by the Carbon Trust to help mitigate climate change. RAFNXT+ paper label materials are sourced from sustainably managed FSC™ certified forests (FSC™-C012530). The range uses less raw materials, energy and water, and generates less waste during its lifecycle as compared to standard labels. Harnessing the power of responsibly managed forests and helping you to grow your business, not your carbon footprint.
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation (EMF) is the global thought leader, an active promoter and enabler of the transition towards a circular economy. UPM Raflatac is participating in two EMF activities: The Circular Economy 100 and The New Plastics Economy.
We are also pleased to announce that we have joined the U.S. Plastics Pact. This collaborative, solutions-driven initiative is rooted in four ambitious goals intended to drive significant systems change by unifying diverse cross-sector approaches, setting a national strategy, and creating scalable solutions to create a path forward toward a circular economy for plastics in the United States by 2025. The first North American Pact of its kind, the U.S. Pact is a collaboration led by The Recycling Partnership, World Wildlife Fund (WWF), and Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
Labels are everywhere and on everything we consume. Join us in creating new, more sustainable packaging designs and labeling a smarter future.
- UPM Raflatac Forest Film™
- UPM Raflatac LabelLoop™
- UPM Raflatac RAFNXT+
- UPM Raflatac SmartChoice™
- UPM Raflatac SmartCircle™
Create or Log in to MyConnects Planner to see Additional Content.
- Beverage > Beer
- Beverage > Coffee
- Beverage > Dairy
- Beverage > Drinks, nonalcoholic (energy, sport, etc.)
- Beverage > Juice
- Beverage > Powdered beverages
- Beverage > Soft drinks
- Beverage > Spirits/liquors
- Beverage > Tea
- Beverage > Water
- Beverage > Wine
- Food > Bakery/Snack
- Food > Cereals, Breakfast Foods
- Food > Confection/Candy
- Food > Dairy
- Food > Frozen/refrigerated foods
- Food > Fruits, Vegetables (Fresh, Canned, Frozen)
- Food > Grains, Seeds, Beans, Flour, Nuts
- Food > Ingredients
- Food > Meat/Poultry/Seafood
- Food > Nutraceutical, Vitamin, Dietary Supplement
- Food > Pet Food/Pet Care
- Food > Prepared Foods
- Food > Soups/Condiments/Sauces/Spices/Dips/Dressings
- Healthcare > Biological/Biopharmaceutical
- Healthcare > Cannabis products
- Healthcare > Medical Devices
- Healthcare > Medical/Dental Instruments or Supplies
- Healthcare > Over-the-counter products
- Healthcare > Pharmaceutical
- Household/Automotive > Detergents/cleaners
- Household/Automotive > Household/auto chemicals
- Household/Automotive > Tissues and paper towels
- Other packaged products > Building/Construction/Home Improvement Products
- Other packaged products > Cannabis products
- Other packaged products > Chemical
- Other packaged products > Consumer Electronics and Appliances
- Other packaged products > Hardware/Tools
- Other packaged products > Paper/Printing
- Other packaged products > Pet Food/Pet Care
- Other packaged products > Textiles/Apparel/Footwear
- Other packaged products > Tobacco/Smoking Products
- Other packaged products > Warehouse Distribution/e-commerce
English, Finnish, Spanish
- Central America
- Central and South Asia
- Eastern and Southeast Asia
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East
- North America
- Northern Africa
- Oceania Pacific
- South America
- Southern Africa
- Western Europe
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bahamas; The
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Korea; North
- Korea; South
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Create or Log in to MyConnects Planner to add notes.